Before filing any information on SEDI, a reporting insider, issuer representative or agent must register as a user on SEDI. To do so, you need to
- go to the SEDI website (www.SEDI.ca) and click on ‘Register as a SEDI User’
- follow the screen instructions and complete Form 55-102F5 -Register as a SEDI user
- print the completed form that is dated and time stamped, and sign it in the space provided
- fax or send it to the SEDI operator at the address provided on Form 55-102F5 (fax: 1866-729-8011 within North America or 416-365-9194 outside of North America)
The SEDI operator will then process your registration and activate your SEDI user account.
In order to make filings, you must complete this registration process and have your SEDI user account activated.
You need to register on SEDI as a SEDI user only if you need to file something on SEDI. You do not need to register if you simply want to search for information on the SEDI website.
You must be an individual to register on SEDI as a SEDI user. An issuer that has information to file either as a reporting insider or as an issuer must do so through an individual who is registered as the issuer’s representative or agent.
You need to register as a SEDI user in order to file information on SEDI.
An individual who is a reporting insider must either register as a SEDI user or have an agent who is a registered SEDI user before an insider profile or initial insider report can be filed on SEDI.
An issuer that has information to file either as a reporting insider or an issuer must do so through an individual who is registered as the issuer’s representative or agent.
You need to provide the following information:
- your name
- name of your employer and your position (if you are registering as an agent)
- your address (your principal residence if you are a reporting insider or your business address if you are an agent or issuer representative)
- your daytime telephone number
- your fax number if available
- your e-mail address if available
- the capacity in which you will be using the system, i.e., as a reporting insider, as an agent for reporting insider(s) and/or issuer(s), or as an issuer representative. (You can select more than one SEDI user classification by holding the “CTRL” key.)
- confidential question and answer (see question 2.1.9)
Note: You should register as a SEDI user only once, even though you may be an agent for many reporting insiders.
There are different categories of SEDI user depending on whether you are using SEDI as a reporting insider, as an issuer representative, or as an agent.
Each category of SEDI user has access to different functions on SEDI. Depending on the category chosen, you will be able to log on to the relevant SEDI user home page and access the various functions available. Please see questions 2.1.5 to 2.1.7.
If you are a reporting insider, you should register as an insider if you will be filing an insider profile and insider reports only for yourself and no one else.
If you are filing insider profiles and insider reports for one or more reporting insiders (other than yourself), or information for several issuers you should register as an agent (see question 2.1.7), and not as an insider.
You should register as an issuer representative if you will only be filing an issuer profile supplement for one issuer and any subsequent issuer reports for that one issuer. If you are filing for more than one issuer, you should register as an agent (see question 2.1.7), not as an issuer representative.
You should register as an agent when you will be filing:
- insider information for one or several reporting insiders other than yourself
- issuer information for more than one issuer
- insider and issuer information for yourself, several reporting insiders and an issuer.
Please see section 2.2 Agents.
Go to the SEDI website (www.SEDI.ca). After you have selected the appropriate language, click on Register as a SEDI user’, and follow the instructions to enter the required information. When you are finished, click Next’ (See the following question for the next steps.)
If you forget your password, the SEDI operator will ask you this question to verify that you are who you say you are. You should provide a question for which only you would know the answer. For example, “What is your favourite movie?”, rather than “Which country won the most gold medals at the 2010 Winter Olympics?” You must also provide an answer to the question.
- After entering all the information, including your confidential question and answer, you click ‘Next’.
- SEDI will then display the Register as a SEDI user -Certify and submit registration information -Form 55-102F5 page. Click ‘Certify’. SEDI will then display the Certification page. Click ‘OK’.
- SEDI will then display the Register as a SEDI user -Conditional registration completed page, which will list your SEDI user ID and password. While on this screen, you can either write your SEDI user ID and password down or click on the ‘Print’ button on your browser bar at the top of the page to get a screen print with your SEDI user ID and password. (Note that passwords are case-sensitive. It is recommended that you keep them in a confidential secure place.) You will need them to log on to SEDI in the future.
- To complete your SEDI registration, click ‘Printer friendly version’ to get a copy of your registration form. You will not get your password on this printout.
- Sign your registration form and then either fax, deliver or courier it to the SEDI operator using the appropriate address or fax number listed on the form. The SEDI operator will then validate it.
The SEDI operator anticipates a turnaround time of 24 hours on business days, assuming your form is properly completed and signed. However, you are encouraged to register well before you need to file an insider report or an issuer profile supplement or issuer report.
No. You cannot make filings while your registration form is being validated. Once your registration as a SEDI user (whether as an insider, issuer representative or agent) is validated, you will be able to make valid filings that will be made public on the SEDI website (www.SEDI.ca).
When your account has been activated, you will be taken to the proper homepage for your SEDI user type (e.g., insider, agent or issuer representative), and be granted access to the functions associated with your SEDI user type. A SEDI user can also log on to SEDI, and click ‘Your user information’ and verify the Registration status field on the View your user information page. If your SEDI user account has been validated, your registration status should display the word ‘Activated’.
If your account has not been validated, when you log on to SEDI you will be taken to a homepage that advises you to complete the registration process and will only allow you to access your SEDI user information.
What if my information changes after I have submitted the form? You can make changes electronically to your SEDI registration form by amending, certifying and submitting the changes to the form online on SEDI. See the SEDI online help available on the SEDI website for instructions. However, we also recommend that you then print the form and fax it to the SEDI operator (fax: 1-866-729-8011).
When registering as a SEDI user, you may elect to receive an e-mail notification of your account activation. If you would like an e-mail notification to be sent when your account is activated, then you must enter an e-mail address in your user registration (Form 55-102F5). If you choose not to enter an e-mail address, then no notification will be sent that your account has been activated (see question 2.1.3)
Yes. You do not need to enter a postal code or zip code if you live outside North America. Complete the field by entering ‘not applicable’.
Share the post "Can I Still Submit My SEDI User Registration Without Entering A Postal/Zip Code Because I Reside Outside North America?"