(1) An investment fund must establish policies and procedures that it will follow to determine whether, and how, to vote on any matter for which the investment fund receives, in its capacity as securityholder, proxy materials for a meeting of securityholders of an issuer.
(2) The policies and procedures referred to in subsection (1) must include
(a) a standing policy for dealing with routine matters on which the investment fund may vote;
(b) the circumstances under which the investment fund will deviate from the standing policy for routine matters;
(c) the policies under which, and the procedures by which, the investment fund will determine how to vote or refrain from voting on non-routine matters; and
(3) An investment fund that has not prepared an annual information form in accordance with Part 9 or in accordance with National Instrument 81-101 Mutual Fund Prospectus Disclosure must include a summary of the policies and procedures required by this section in its prospectus.
An investment fund must maintain a proxy voting record that includes, for each time that the investment fund receives, in its capacity as securityholder, materials relating to a meeting of securityholders of a reporting issuer or the equivalent of a reporting issuer in a foreign jurisdiction,
(a) the name of the issuer;
(c) the CUSIP number for the portfolio securities;
(d) the meeting date;
(e) a brief identification of the matter or matters to be voted on at the meeting;
(g) whether the investment fund voted on the matter or matters;
(h) if applicable, how the investment fund voted on the matter or matters; and
(1) An investment fund must prepare a proxy voting record on an annual basis for the period ending on June 30 of each year.
(2) An investment fund that has a website must post the proxy voting record to the website no later than August 31 of each year.
(3) An investment fund must promptly send the most recent copy of the investment fund’s proxy voting policies and procedures and proxy voting record, without charge, to any securityholder upon a request made by the securityholder after August 31.