“current value” means, for an asset held by, or a liability of, an investment fund, the value calculated in accordance with Canadian GAAP;
“EVCC” means an employee venture capital corporation that does not have a
restricted constitution, and is registered under Part 2 of the Employee Investment
Act, R.S.B.C. 1996 c. 112, and whose business objective is making multiple
“independent valuation” means a valuation of the assets and liabilities, or of the
venture investments, of a labour sponsored or venture capital fund that contains
the opinion of an independent valuator as to the current value of the assets and
liabilities, or of the venture investments, and that is prepared in accordance with
“financial statements” includes interim financial reports;
“ interim management report of fund performance ” means a document prepared in accordance with Part C of Form 81-106F1;
(a) a labour sponsored investment fund corporation or a labour sponsored venture capital corporation under provincial legislation,
(b) a registered or prescribed labour sponsored venture capital corporation as defined in the ITA,
(c) an EVCC, or
(d) a VCC;
(a) a period of at least three months that ends six months before the end of a financial year of the investment fund, or
(a) a change in the business, operations or affairs of the investment fund that would be considered important by a reasonable investor in determining whether to purchase or continue to hold securities of the investment fund, or
(b) a decision to implement a change referred to in paragraph (a) made
(ii) by senior management of the investment fund who believe that confirmation of the decision by the board of directors or such other persons acting in a similar capacity is probable, or
(iii) by senior management of the manager of the investment fund who believe that confirmation of the decision by the board of directors of the manager or such other persons acting in a similar capacity is probable;
“scholarship plan” means an arrangement under which contributions to education savings plans are pooled to provide scholarship awards to designated beneficiaries;
“statement of changes in financial position” means a statement of changes in equity or a statement of changes in net assets attributable to securityholders;
“VCC” means a venture capital corporation registered under Part 1 of the Small Business Venture Capital Act, R.S.B.C. 1996 c. 429, whose business objective is making multiple investments;
(1) Except as otherwise provided in this Instrument, this Instrument applies to
(b) subject to subsection (2), a mutual fund in the jurisdiction.
(4) In Québec, this Instrument does not apply to a reporting issuer organized under
(a) an Act to establish the Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (F.T.Q.) R.S.Q., chapter F-3.2.1;
(b) an Act to establish Fondaction, le Fonds de développement de la Confédération des syndicats nationaux pour la coopération et l’emploi (R.S.Q., chapter F-3.1.2); or
(c) an Act constituting Capital régional et coopératif Desjardins, Loi constituant Capital régional et coopératif Desjardins (R.S.Q., chapter C-6.1).
(1) Each section, part, class or series of a class of securities of an investment fund that is referable to a separate portfolio of assets is considered to be a separate investment fund for the purposes of this Instrument.
(2) Unless defined in section 1.1 of this Instrument, terms defined in National Instrument 81-102 Investment Funds and used in this Instrument have the respective meanings ascribed to them in that Instrument.
(3) Terms defined in National Instrument 81-105 Mutual Fund Sales Practices and used in this Instrument have the respective meanings ascribed to them in that Instrument except that references in those definitions to “mutual fund” must be read as references to “investment fund”.
(1) A document that is required to be filed under this Instrument must be prepared in French or English.
(2) If an investment fund files a document in French or in English, and a translation of the document into the other language is sent to a securityholder, the investment fund must file the translated document not later than when it is sent to the securityholder.
(3) In Québec, the linguistic obligations and rights prescribed by Québec law must be complied with.