Taking too long? Close loading screen.
CSA Staff Notice 55-316 Questions and Answers on Insider Reporting and SEDI
4 Insider Information
4.1 General
Section 4.1.11

As A Reporting Insider, Do I Need To Report Securities And Related Financial Instruments That My Spouse Owns Or Controls?

As a reporting insider of a SEDI issuer, you need to report any securities and any related financial instruments of that SEDI issuer that your spouse (or any other person) owns if you have or share control or direction, whether direct or indirect, over those securities or related financial instruments.

A person will generally have or share control or direction over securities if the person directly or indirectly through any contract, arrangement, understanding or relationship or otherwise has or shares

  • voting power, which includes the power to vote, or to direct the voting of, such securities and/or
  • investment power, which includes the power to acquire or dispose, or to direct the acquisition or disposition of such securities.