(1) In addition to any other document that an issuer may choose to incorporate by reference, specifically incorporate by reference in the short form prospectus, by means of a statement in the short form prospectus to that effect, the documents set forth below:
3. The issuer’s interim financial report most recently filed or required to have been filed under the applicable CD rule in respect of an interim period, if any, subsequent to the financial year in respect of which the issuer has filed its current annual financial statements or has included annual financial statements in the short form prospectus, and the related interim MD&A.
4. If, before the short form prospectus is filed, historical financial information about the issuer for a financial period more recent than the period for which financial statements are required under paragraphs 2 and 3 is publicly disseminated by, or on behalf of, the issuer through news release or otherwise, the content of the news release or public communication.
5. Any material change report, except a confidential material change report, filed under Part 7 of NI 51-102 or Part 11 of NI 81-106 since the end of the financial year in respect of which the issuer’s current AIF is filed.
6. Any business acquisition report filed by the issuer under Part 8 of NI 51-102 for acquisitions completed since the beginning of the financial year in respect of which the issuer’s current AIF is filed, unless the issuer
(a) incorporated the BAR by reference into its current AIF, or
7. Any information circular filed by the issuer under Part 9 of NI 51-102 or Part 12 of NI 81-106 since the beginning of the financial year in respect of which the issuer’s current AIF is filed, other than an information circular prepared in connection with an annual general meeting if the issuer has filed and incorporated by reference an information circular for a subsequent annual general meeting.
9. Any other disclosure document which the issuer has filed pursuant to an undertaking to a provincial and territorial securities regulatory authority since the beginning of the financial year in respect of which the issuer’s current AIF is filed.
10. Any other disclosure document of the type listed in paragraphs 1 through 8 that the issuer has filed pursuant to an exemption from any requirement under securities legislation since the beginning of the financial year in respect of which the issuer’s current AIF is filed.
(2) In the statement incorporating the documents listed in subsection (1) by reference in a short form prospectus, clarify that applicable portions of the documents are not incorporated by reference to the extent their contents are modified or superseded by a statement contained in the short form prospectus or in any other subsequently filed document that is also incorporated by reference in the short form prospectus.
(3) Despite paragraph 7 of subsection (1), an issuer may exclude from its short form prospectus a report, valuation, statement or opinion of a person or company contained in an information circular prepared in connection with a special meeting of securityholders of the issuer, and any references therein, if
(b) the report, valuation, statement or opinion was prepared in respect of a specific transaction contemplated in the information circular, unrelated to the distribution of securities under the short form prospectus, and that transaction has been abandoned or completed.
(1) Paragraph 4 of subsection (1) requires issuers to incorporate only the news release or other public communication through which more recent financial information is released to the public. However, if the financial statements from which the information in the news release has been derived have been filed, then the financial statements must be incorporated by reference.
(2) Issuers must provide a list of the material change reports and business acquisition reports required under paragraphs 5 and 6 of subsection (1), giving the date of filing and briefly describing the material change or acquisition, as the case may be, in respect of which the report was filed.
(3) Any material incorporated by reference in a short form prospectus is required under sections 4.1 and 4.2 of the Instrument to be filed with the short form prospectus unless it has been previously filed.