This Instrument comes into force on June 1, 2005.
(1) For the first interim period in the financial year beginning on or after January 1, 2014, an investment fund must file, with its interim financial report for that interim period, an opening statement of financial position as at the date of transition to IFRS.
(2) For the first financial year beginning on or after January 1, 2014, an investment fund must file, with its annual financial statements for that financial year, an audited opening statement of financial position as at the date of transition to IFRS.
(3) Despite sections 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.6, for financial years beginning before January 1, 2014, an investment fund may present line items and use terminology in its financial statements consistent with the immediately preceding financial year
(1) An investment fund that has obtained an exemption or waiver from, or approval under, securities legislation, National Policy 39, National Instrument 81-101 Mutual Fund Prospectus Disclosure, National Instrument 81-102 Investment Funds, Multilateral Instrument 81-104 Commodity Pools or National Instrument 81-105 Mutual Fund Sales Practices relating to its continuous disclosure obligations is exempt from any substantially similar provision of this Instrument to the same extent and on the same conditions, if any, as contained in the exemption, waiver or approval, unless the regulator or securities regulatory authority has revoked that exemption, waiver or approval under authority provided to it in securities legislation.
(2) An investment fund must, at the time that it first intends to rely on subsection (1) in connection with a filing requirement under this Instrument, inform the securities regulatory authority in writing of
(a) the general nature of the prior exemption, waiver or approval and the date on which it was granted; and
(b) the provision in respect of which the prior exemption, waiver or approval applied and the substantially similar provision of this Instrument.