CSA Staff Notice 55-316 Questions and Answers on Insider Reporting and SEDI
3 Issuer Information
3.3 Issuer Event Report
Section 3.3.12

When Do I File An Issuer Event Report Versus A Material Change Report?

You need to file an issuer event report when an event affects the entire class of securities or related financial instruments in the same manner. This may also be a material change. [FN 6] If so, you will also need to file a material change report. However, not all material changes are issuer events. For example, while a company buy-back of shares might be considered a material change, it would not be an issuer event. Please see question 4.5.1 for how to report transactions under a normal course issuer bid.

FN 6 As defined in securities legislation.