About the AGM Calculators
- Lexata’s AGM calculators show deadlines under corporate and securities laws relating to public companies’ shareholder meetings.
- Each deadline is accompanied by links to the relevant rules.
- Amendments relating to COVID-19 that affect 2022 meetings are noted in the calculators.
If you would like Lexata to create a custom calculator for your 2022 AGM, please contact us.
Assumptions Underlying the Calculators
- There is no proxy contest or dissident information circular.
- The company is an “offering corporation” (for the OBCA calculator) or a “distributing corporation” (for the CBCA calculator). In other words, the calculators are for public companies.
- The record date for voting at the meeting is the same as the record date for notice of the meeting.
- There is no adjournment of the AGM.
- The company has completed at least one full fiscal year post-IPO.
Future versions of the AGM calculators will accommodate a greater variety of factual scenarios, i.e., companies incorporated in other provinces/territories; banks and insurance companies under the Bank Act or Insurance Companies Act; companies conducting their first AGM post-IPO; and including the delivery requirements for financial statements and MD&A.
2022 Statutory Holidays
The following holidays have been blocked off the AGM calculators.
- New Year’s Day (January 3)
- Family Day (February 21 in Ontario)
- Good Friday (April 15)
- Victoria Day (May 23)
- Canada Day (July 1)
- Civic Holiday (August 1)
- Labour Day (September 5)
- Thanksgiving Day (October 10)
- Christmas Day (substitute Monday, December 27)
- Boxing Day (December 26)