(1) An investment fund must not purchase a security from, sell a security to, or enter into a securities lending, repurchase or reverse repurchase transaction under section 2.12, 2.13 or 2.14 with, any of the following persons or companies:
1. The manager, portfolio adviser or trustee of the investment fund.
2. A partner, director or officer of the investment fund or of the manager, portfolio adviser or trustee of the investment fund.
3. An associate or affiliate of a person or company referred to in paragraph 1 or 2.
4. A person or company, having fewer than 100 securityholders of record, of which a partner, director or officer of the investment fund or a partner, director or officer of the manager or portfolio adviser of the investment fund is a partner, director, officer or securityholder.
(2) Subsection (1) applies in the case of a sale of a security to, or a purchase of a security from, an investment fund only if the person or company that would be selling to, or purchasing from, the investment fund would be doing so as principal.