(1) Despite any other provision of this Instrument, an investment fund may enter into a repurchase transaction if the following conditions are satisfied for the transaction:
2. The transaction is made under a written agreement that implements the requirements of this section.
4. The securities transferred by the investment fund as part of the transaction are immediately available for good delivery under applicable legislation.
5. The cash to be delivered to the investment fund at the beginning of the transaction
(a) is received by the investment fund either before or at the same time as it delivers the sold securities; and
(b) is in an amount equal to at least 102 percent of the market value of the sold securities.
6. The sold securities are marked to market on each business day, and the amount of sale proceeds in the possession of the investment fund is adjusted on each business day to ensure that the amount of cash maintained by the investment fund in connection with the transaction is at least 102 percent of the market value of the sold securities.
7. If an event of default by a purchaser occurs, the investment fund, in addition to any other remedy available under the agreement or applicable law, has the right under the agreement to retain or dispose of the sale proceeds delivered to it by the purchaser to the extent necessary to satisfy its claims under the agreement.
8. The purchaser of the securities is required to pay promptly to the investment fund amounts equal to and as compensation for all dividends and interest paid, and all distributions made, on the sold securities during the term of the transaction.
9. The transaction is a “securities lending arrangement” under section 260 of the ITA.
10. The term of the repurchase agreement, before any extension or renewal that requires the consent of both the investment fund and the purchaser, is not more than 30 days.
11. Immediately after the investment fund enters into the transaction, the aggregate market value of all securities loaned by the investment fund in securities lending transactions under section 2.12 and not yet returned to it or sold by the investment fund in repurchase transactions and not yet repurchased does not exceed 50% of the net asset value of the investment fund.
(a) qualified securities having a remaining term to maturity no longer than 30 days;
(b) securities under a reverse repurchase agreement permitted by section 2.14; or
(c) a combination of the securities referred to in paragraphs (a) and (b).