(1) Cash received by a participating dealer, or by a person or company providing services to a participating dealer, for investment in, or on the redemption of, securities of a mutual fund, or on the distribution of assets of a mutual fund, until disbursed as permitted by subsection (3)
(a) must be accounted for separately and must be deposited in a trust account or trust accounts established and maintained in accordance with section 11.3; and
(2) Except as permitted by subsection (3), the participating dealer or person or company providing services to the participating dealer must not use any of the cash referred to in subsection (1) to finance its own or any other operations in any way.
(4) All interest earned on cash held in a trust account referred to in paragraph (1)(a) must be paid to securityholders or to each of the mutual funds to which the trust account pertains, pro rata based on cash flow,
(a) no less frequently than monthly if the amount owing to a mutual fund or to a securityholder is $10 or more; and
(b) no less frequently than once a year.
(5) When making payments to a mutual fund, a participating dealer or service provider may offset the proceeds of redemption of securities of the mutual fund and amounts held for distributions to be paid on behalf of a mutual fund held in the trust account against amounts held in the trust account for investment in the mutual fund.
(6) A participating dealer or person providing services to the participating dealer must permit the mutual fund and the principal distributor, through their respective auditors or other designated representatives, to examine the books and records of the participating dealer to verify the compliance with this section of the participating dealer or person providing services.