(1) This Instrument applies only to
(b) a person or company in respect of activities pertaining to an investment fund referred to in paragraphs (a) and (a.1) or pertaining to the filing of a prospectus to which subsection 3.1(1) applies.
(2) Despite subsection (1), this Instrument does not apply to a scholarship plan.
(3) Despite subsection (1), in Québec, in respect of investment funds organized under an Act to establish the Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (F.T.Q.) (chapter F-3.2.1), an Act to establish Fondaction, le Fonds de développement de la Confédération des syndicats nationaux pour la coopération et l’emploi (chapter F-3.1.2), or an Act constituting Capital régional et coopératif Desjardins (chapter C-6.1), the following requirements apply:
(b) Part 6;
(d) Part 19;
(e) Part 20.
(4) For greater certainty, in British Columbia, if a provision of this Instrument conflicts or is inconsistent with a provision of the Employee Investment Act (British Columbia) or the Small Business Venture Capital Act (British Columbia), the provision of the Employee Investment Act or the Small Business Venture Capital Act, as the case may be, prevails.
(5) Despite paragraph (1)(a.1), the following provisions do not apply to a non-redeemable investment fund that was established before October 4, 2018, unless the fund has filed a prospectus for which a receipt was issued after that date:
(b) paragraphs 2.6(1)(a), (b) and (c), and subsection 2.6(2);