(1) Subject to subsection (5), a person is disqualified from being an auditor of a corporation if the person is not independent of the corporation, all of its affiliates, or of the directors or officers of the corporation and its affiliates.
(2) For the purposes of this section,
(a) independence is a question of fact; and
(i) is a business partner, director, officer or employee of the corporation or any of its affiliates, or a business partner of any director, officer or employee of the corporation or any of its affiliates,
(iii) has been a receiver, receiver and manager, liquidator or trustee in bankruptcy of the corporation or any of its affiliates within two years of the person’s proposed appointment as auditor of the corporation.
Resignation By Auditor
(3) An auditor who becomes disqualified under this section shall, subject to subsection (5), resign forthwith upon becoming aware of such disqualification.
Application To Court
(4) An interested person may apply to the court for an order declaring an auditor to be disqualified under this section and the office of auditor to be vacant.
(5) Repealed: 2004, c. 19, s. 3 (4).
(6) Repealed: 2004, c. 19, s. 3 (4). Section Amendments with date in force (d/m/y)